Our goal is to match your car with individuals who will enjoy it as much as you do. We love cars, and we’re dedicated to finding a great home for yours. Selling with us is easy – just follow these steps.
Selling: 4 Easy Steps
Send Us a Consignment Request Form
To begin fill out our online Consignment Request Form. First, indicate whether you’d also like to receive a “cash now” offer from us. Then, tell us all about your car and your desired listing price. Include a picture, describe it, and tell us the “story” behind it. We love to hear the story – and so do our customers!
We Review & Accept Your Request
Our team of valuation experts reviews your consignment request and contacts you to discuss your car in detail. If you requested a “cash now” offer, we will provide one. We’ll advise you and answer any questions you may have. If you decide to proceed with the consignment process, we agree on a target sales price and/or lowest acceptable offer price from potential buyers. An Official Consignment Agreement is then signed between you and us.
We Prepare & Present Your Car for Sale
Next, we take a lot of pictures, assemble relevant CarFax, specification, option & history information, write a great description (the story!), and present your car for sale on our website. We also contact our extensive network of private customers and enthusiasts. Of course, we also advertise on third-party sales channels as appropriate. Optionally, we can store your car at our Grand Rapids facility (although not necessary), and we can clean and detail it if you choose.
Your Car Gets Sold & You Get Paid!
When your car sells we handle all payment and delivery logistics. We arrange for pickup from you and/or delivery to the customer as needed. We manage all transaction details, no worries or effort on your part. Your car is enthusiastically welcomed into a new home – and you get paid!
Our consignment process is designed to make it simple and seamless for you every step of the way. Basically, we take care of all the details so you don’t have to, while keeping you fully informed throughout the entire process. We make it as clear and straightforward as possible:
What Does Consignment Mean?
- You are the owner, not us. You are not granting us ownership, you are simply granting us permission to sell your car at a price that you approve, for a period of time (typically 90 days) that you agree to.
- Your item stays with you until it sells. It’s not necessary to store your car at our facility during the sales process, although we can optionally arrange for pick up and storage if you wish.
- Your privacy and safety are protected. We do not reveal your identity nor your address or contact information to prospective buyers without your written consent.
What Does Consignment Cost?
- A flat $250 listing fee. The flat listing fee, paid upon signing and submitting the Official Consignment Agreement, covers photography, CarFax reports, and associated 3rd party channel advertising costs.
- A 6% or $750 sales fee (whichever is greater). When your car sells, we get a 6% (six percent) or $750 sales fee (whichever is greater) which comes out of the realized sales price, and you keep the rest of the sale proceeds.
- Optional services & costs. We charge no additional fees other than the flat listing fee and the sales fee noted above. However, you can request optional services (see below ) such as storage, detailing & cleaning, etc. Any optional services you request will be billed separately.
- We do not charge you for delivery to the buying customer. The buyer pays that, not you.
- Storage in our Grand Rapids facility is not included – nor is it necessary – but can be optionally arranged. We can provide a quote to you during Step 2 of the sales process if you’d like.
Optional Detailing & Cleaning:
- We have some of the finest auto detailing experts available anywhere, ready to serve you right here in our Grand Rapids facilities.
- Detailing and cleaning services are optional. After seeing your car, we’ll be happy to discuss detailing & cleaning recommendations for you based on your preferences.
- If for any reason you wish to cancel the Official Consignment Agreement signed in Step 2 before the consignment period ends, you are certainly able to do so. You’ll be responsible only for the flat listing fee noted above (which is non-refundable) and any optional service costs that were incurred related to storage, detailing or cleaning of your car.